The term Cabmania® or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Pinnacle, Central Court, Station Way, Crawley, RH10 1JH, UK. Cabmania® limited registration number is 07044000 in England. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Cabmania® Limited ("Cabmania®") provides a market place on the internet for properly registered hackney carriages & private hire operators ("taxis" or "taxi companies") to offer their services to the general public. The general public are able to post details of journeys they wish to make. Taxis and taxi companies are then able to post bids for those journeys. Once a bid is accepted by the customer, the driver/company is provided with the customer's details in order to contact the customer direct to confirm the ride details.
Cabmania® is not a provider of taxi or private hire services to the general public & accordingly is not registered as an operator of taxi or private hire services.
Cabmania® accepts no responsibility for any loss occasioned as a result of reliance placed upon any parts of the contents of this website and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any such information or content.
The content of the pages is subject to change without notice. You should check the pages from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before registering as a taxi driver or private hire operator. By registering with us, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions, including adherence to legal minimum standards and vehicle safety requirements.
Prices and charges
We will charge you based on the package you have selected when you joined our service. We may charge you for text messages sent to you, a subscription fee, we may also charge you a booking fee when any of your bids is successful or when you have accepted a customer’s offer and we pass on the customer's details to you. The booking fee could be a fixed price or a share from the total booking price. If the customer decides to pay via credit card, PayPal or any other electronic means processed through our website an additional charge may apply. If you opt to receive details by text message, a fee is payable for each text message we send you.
Click here for full pricing details. Please note that we reserve the right to amend our prices without notice. All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Registration fees and/or any unused credit are non refundable.
We will send you an invoice each month. Payment is due within 14 days of the date of the invoice unless paid in advance using credit card, debit card, direct debit or any other accepted payment method. We will use the debit/credit card to charge your account, We will charge your credit / debit card a sum of £30 every time you exceed the total sum of £30 worth of subscription fees and/or booking fees and/or text messages service, we will notify you by email 3 days in advance for every charge we make. All charges will be available for review on our website when you login to your account. If you do not pay by the due date, we can charge you interest at 8% above the base rate from time to time of National Westminster Bank PLC. We also reserve the right to suspend your use of our service whilst an invoice is overdue and unpaid. No refunds or compensation will apply while your account is suspended.
Customers can either pay electronically through our secure website or to you direct for the rides you undertake. You must adhere to the price you quote for a ride, save in exceptional circumstances such as flight delays (see below). In case of electronic payments through our website a processing fee will apply and will be deducted from your quote or the price you have accepted.
If you have agreed to use the auto quoting system, you are aware that this system calculates the fare of the journey based on the parameters you have set-up in your account on the Auto-Quoting page amongst those are the distance from your office, the journey distance, your fare per mil and surcharges for rush hour, night hour, weekends, bank holidays and others. You can trial the Auto Quoting system before you enable it to work.
By default we set the Auto Quoting system to be disabled. Once you have enabled the Auto Quoting system to work quotes on your behalf will be automatically calculated and offered to the customers for every journey that either starts or ends in any of your working (home) areas. You must adhere to the price quoted by the auto-quoting system as it was quoted by you.
If you do not wish our system to quote automatically on your behalf make sure you do not select to use this option in our account.
We require all our registered taxi drivers and taxi companies to comply with minimum standards as to the quality and level of service provided. These minimum standards are as follows:
- All taxis or taxi companies or private hire operators must be licensed by their local authority and during the registration process you might be required to produce evidence of your licence. You must ensure that your licence is kept valid and up to date at all times. If you do not do so, or do not comply with legal requirements in relation to your vehicle, we reserve the right to terminate your subscription immediately, with no refund. We reserve the right to require you to produce your driving licence, local authority licence, MOT certificate, "hire & reward" insurance certificate and any other document that in our opinion we need to see to prove that you are properly and legally registered and licensed. We conduct random checks on our registered taxis or taxi companies as part of our efforts to maintain reputable service through our website and we reserve the right to terminate your subscription immediately, with no refund if you fail to comply with our terms and conditions. If your local authority licence is cancelled, withdrawn or not renewed, you must notify us immediately. No refund of subscription fees will be made in cases of cancellation, withdrawal or non-renewal of your local authority licence.
- We only accept registration of Taxi drivers, Hackney carriage drivers and Private Hire Operators. PH drivers are required to register through their PH operator. You must not do anything which breaches these terms and conditions as we may pursue you for all consequential loss or damages suffered as a result of your actions. If we find that you have failed to comply with our Terms and conditions or that you have deceived us by giving us false details, we may pursue you for a sum equal to £250,000.
- Your vehicle must comply with all requirements of the law. In particular, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, it must be roadworthy, taxed and licensed and you must have "hire & reward" insurance at all times. We reserve the right to require you to produce evidence of roadworthiness, including a current MOT certificate, road tax, local authority licence and insurance. You must display a local authority plate or disc, as required by your local authority, and comply with any other local authority requirements. We recommend that you carry out regular vehicle safety inspections, including daily walk round checks, as contained in the VOSA guidelines for maintaining the roadworthiness of passenger carrying vehicles which can be found on the VOSA website at www.dft.gov.uk/vosa.
- Your vehicle should be kept clean, free from fumes or excessive noise, and fitted with adequate heating and ventilation systems which are maintained in good working order.
- In the case of hackney carriages, local authorities have the power to set taxi fare scales for journeys commencing within their area, and most do so. You agree that if these fare scales apply to you, you will not seek to charge a fare which exceeds the maximum allowed. If you are a private hire driver, you will only accept bookings which have been made in advance with a private hire operator and which have been allocated to you by your Private Hire operator.
- Once a booking has been accepted, you must use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the customer is collected from the collection point at the time requested.
- If you are meeting passengers off a flight, you will be expected to meet them in the arrivals hall notwithstanding flight delays, there will not be any compensation due to a flight delay.
- Price you quote for or accepted for an airport / train / ferry pickup shall include up to 1 hour waiting time and parking which starts 15 minutes after the landing / docking / train’s arrival time as reported on the official airport’s / terminal’s / train station’s website.
- You will drive with due care and courtesy towards the passenger and other road users.
- You will take the most time-efficient route, bearing in mind likely traffic problems and known diversions, and explain to the passenger any diversion from the most direct route.
- Where a customer has made a special request (for instance, for a child booster seat) by bidding for that journey you agree that you will comply with that request with no additional charge.
NOTE: Passengers will be invited, after the end of each journey, to rate their experience, and your average ratings and review information will appear on the web site each time you bid for a ride.
Cancellations and No shows
You will be charged for bookings cancelled or triggered by you.
Customers may cancel their booking through the website up to 30 minutes before the actual pick up time. These bookings will not be charged.
It is your responsibility to make all efforts to contact the customer using all the information we have provided you with including email and tel number to arrange for the pick-up.
In case you have made all efforts to contact the customer and had no response from the customer up to 1 hour before the pick-up time, you may report to us and in case we find that it was justified you will not be charged for this booking.
If we find that you have failed to comply with our Terms and conditions or that you have deceived us by giving us false information, we may suspend your account and pursue you for a sum equal to £250,000.
Non-solicitation of Customers
You agree that you will not solicit further business from any customer whose details have been provided to you by Cabmania® in respect of a particular ride. Cabmania® reserves the right to cancel any taxi or taxi company’s subscription if this condition is breached, and in this event no refund of the taxi or taxi company's subscription fee will be made.
Cabmania® will not be liable to you or to any passenger carried by you after you have successfully bid for a ride through this website in respect of any loss or damage howsoever caused, save that we accept responsibility for death, illness or injury caused by the negligence of our employees whilst acting within the scope of or in the course of their employment.
In particular Cabmania® will not be liable to you for any loss caused by any failure of our server, Internet problems, the crashing of our web site or any similar reason where such failure is occasioned by any cause beyond Cabmania's® reasonable control, including war, insurrection, fire, flood, earthquake, strikes, lock-outs, or similar cause.
The information contained in this website is provided by Cabmania® and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links, you should note that we do not have any control over those other website/s. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Cabmania® takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any services, information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Copyright and Reproduction
Unless otherwise stated, all of the contents of this website are copyright of Cabmania®. No part or parts of this website may be copied or incorporated into any other website, database, publication or other work in any form whatsoever.
Privacy (Data Protection) Policy
Cabmania® is committed to ensuring the best standards of practice in all its activities. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are a data controller. In order to effect bookings with you we will need to have certain personal data from you, which we may share with customers. In particular, if your bid for a ride is successful, we will send your name and contact details registered with us to the customer.
Cabmania® may retain an electronic database of users of the website but (save as mentioned in the preceding paragraph) will not give this information (whether in electronic or any other form) to any third party except with your prior written consent.
You agree that the personal information we provide you about a customer is sent to you for the purpose of that ride only and for no other purpose and you agree that you will not use such information for any other purpose and if requested by the customer you will delete such information from your e-mail in-box, mobile telephone memory or text message storage facility.
You may request details of your personal information held by Cabmania® under the Data Protection Act 1998 and we are committed to correcting any incomplete or inaccurate data held by us on request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us. A small fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Retention of Financial Data
We do not store or intend to store any financial details (credit or debit card numbers) on our system.
Cabmania® takes appropriate measures to safeguard the information it holds from unauthorised access or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password protected location. Only users authorised by Cabmania® are allowed access to this data.