It’s the hottest week of the year in the UK, with temperatures soaring to 35 degrees Celsius yesterday. Here are Cabmania’s top tips to stay cool in a heatwave.
- Steer clear of large meals. Your body produces heat when you digest a large or high protein meal, so eat small meals more often to stay cool.
- We know it doesn’t sound appealing on a hot day, but spicy food can actually cool you down by making you sweat.
- Wear natural, loose cotton clothing as it allows the skin to breathe. Light colours reflect the sun’s light and dark colours will attract the sun. Avoid black and synthetic clothes in the hot weather if you don’t want to wilt!
- Drink lots and lots of water – 2.5 litres for a woman and 3 litres for a man is a good volume of water on a hot day as you may lose water through sweating. It will, of course, depend on your body weight. You may need more or less depending on your size and activity levels.
- If you are feeling very hot, run your wrist under cold water for 5 seconds to cool down quickly. You can also do this with children to cool them off fast.
- Stick to natural down-filled pillows with cotton pillowcases. Synthetic pillows will retain the heat and cause misery on a hot night!
- Take a cool shower or bath. Pretend you are in a swimming pool on holidays! This is also a fun way to cool kids down.
- Close all blinds and curtains early in the day before you leave so the house is cool when you return from work.
- One for the pets. Try putting baby wipes in the fridge and wiping them down every couple of hours. Furminator offer a special a type of wipe for pets which is perfect for this.
- For a quick-fix on the go, try a cooling spray like Magicool to cool you down instantly. This is the perfect thing to carry around on hot days!
If you are lucky enough to be heading away this year, check out cabmania.com for the cheapest airport transfer rates, guaranteed! Our reverse auction app means that you get the best prices. Cabbies bid for your fares!
We also do great day to day business transport rates. Take a look at our website cabmania.com!